Tuesday, January 25, 2011

LuxBite - ooh yeah

LuxBite
38 Toorak Rd, South Yarra
www.luxbite.com.au



Australia Day is about all things Australian. Things that come to mind the "Lambassador", Lamingtons, Pavlova, Vegemite and the great big Aussie BBQ at the local pub. Well I think I managed to fit most in. But the only noteworthy food consumption on this day to share is a little place called LuxBite ooh yeah. I say ooh yeah because once you try morsel of their deluxe bites, you will say "ooh yeah, that's so good". Actually you don't even have to taste their food, just looking it at will get those juices flowing. I mean that Mango Pavlova on the left looks pretty darn amazing. So delicate that you are you torn between digging that fork right down the middle and just sitting and staring at the wonder of this petal shaped mound.

How did it taste? The crust was lovely and crispy with the centre light and fluffy - just the way I like a Pav. I'm more of a crust girl so it suited me just fine. The Pav is 50/50. 50% fruit and 50% Pav. So those watching their weight or looking for a "healthier" option. This would be the one to have.

Next was the Caramel Slice topped with the Salted Caramel Macaron. The Caramel Slice, although quite creamy had a slight grainy texture to it. That kind of annoyed me a bit. But it wasn't has heavy as I had expected. Sweet, but not too sickly. The base has a hint of coconut which added a nice break to the flavour. The macaron was soft and delicate with a hint of chocolate and gooey salty caramel centre. The shell was thin, slightly crunchy, and the centre had a smooth consistency.


Now what I would say is my all time fave macaron is the Peanut Butter & Jelly (PB&J). For me this equates to macaron heaven. I am not saying that I am a connoisseur, but I know what I like and this is the bomb! Thin crispy macron casing filled with 2 layers of strawberry jam surrounding a layer of peanut butter. A very good ratio of peanut butter to jelly. I could eat a 1000 of these and never get sick of them.

LuxBite
38 Toorak Rd, South Yarra
www.luxbite.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment